Excelsior! Fans, it’s time to breath a huge sigh of relief Joss Whedon is officially coming back for another round with Earth’s Mightiest Heroes!
Variety’s Marc Graser reports that during a conference call, Walt Disney executives confirmed that Whedon, the visionary director behind “Marvel’s The Avengers,” has concurred to return for the developing sequel. Like last time, Whedon will both write and direct “The Avengers 2,” a film that currently has no official title and no official release date but even without those ingredients in place, the decision to bring Whedon back to lead Iron Man and the troops for another adventure is just the latest exciting development from the House of Ideas, as the studio is already hard at work on highly anticipated photos like “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” and “Guardians of the Galaxy.”
Equally as exciting as Whedon’s reenlistment as “Avengers” director is the news that he is helping Marvel and Disney develop a Marvel TV show for ABC. It’s believed that this is the very same tv series that is set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The exact specifics of that show title, focus, cast of characters are entirely under wraps, though it’s been stated that it could be “a high-concept cop show,” leading many to believe that it’s a S.H.I.E.L.D. focused tv series.
Whedon’s return to the “Avengers” films should yield many great sighs of relief. Still, the move is not a shock. Disney would be foolish not to do everything in their power to lock Whedon back in for another “Avengers” based on the commercial and creative success of the first film, but beyond that, the filmmaker himself has repeatedly hinted at his desire to take another crack at the world’s most recognizable superhero squad.
“Marvel gave me so much trust in the motion picture that I said, ‘Well, if I was going to do this I’d like to do this.’ And that is the motion picture I made,” he told MTV News during the “Avengers” press junket earlier this year. “They only ever moved it forwards and collaborated and supported me. And I gotta tell you, that is uncommon from a studio.”
Are you excited about Whedon’s return as “Avengers” director? Hit us up in the comments section below or let me know on Twitter @roundhoward!
- Ellen And Portia Are The Most Popular Showbiz Couple
- Zemeckis finds Beatles for "Yellow Submarine"
- Van Damme Resting At Home After 50th Birthday Heart Attack
- Efron Asked Hudgens' Permission For Strip Club Outing
- Single Hatcher Determined To Find A Man
- Taiwan band May to release the movie in 3-D
- South Korean pop star Rain said that he was with the Army
- Anthropologists exposed in "Secrets of the Tribe"
- Coleman's Ex Wants Judge To Name Her His Legal Spouse
- Weekend Box Office Review: Alice Three-peats, Diary of A Wimpy Kid and The Bounty Hunter Open Well (HuffingtonPost.com)
Submited by admin - Comment RSS 2.0 - leave a comment - trackback